When you type Tiny Houses into YouTube you get all these little houses o wheels, that look soooooooooooo alike. Boring, when you search for new ideas.
Loft or no loft ?
Finally after working myself through several ideas and watching and Googling for months I had a good idea for our Tiny Cob/Bamboo House. Three levels close to each other, that you can get easily from one to the other. We need to sleep between 5 and 10 persons, so space stacked on top of each other made a lot of sense.
From having finally found my design, I felt tempted, if it could be transported to the typical tiny house on wheels. A 3 D program helped to get it done.
Here is the result:
- open floor plan, only one wall to bathroom
- bath and kitchen as far from each other as possible
- entrance in middle
- 2 fold-up decks
- two French glass doors diagonal from each other to access the decks
- an irregular (not square) loft at 1.5 m with a sitting area under it
- a second irregular loft at 2.3 m, which can be reached from the first
- a third smaller loft over the bathroom at 2.5 m (for kids or storage)
- wood stove or other heating (no aircon!)
- lots of windows for light and ventilation
- small fridge and small cooker, big sink (go tiny in the kitchen)
- built-in outside storage under the table (outside cooking, barbecue)
If you want to have the full plans with measurements in metric and feet please donate for our project and we will email you a link for the page where it is hosted. Please state in the donation “Tiny House” and give your email.
In case you don’t get an answer within a week please email: US.Centerforchildren@gmail.com (only for this!)